What is Automation?
Automation is technology by which work is done without human assistance. Automation is used in various things like – machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating in ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering, and stabilization of ships, aircraft, and other applications and vehicles with minimal or reduced human intervention. Some processes have been completely automated.
With the help of automation, work is done quickly and easy manner. Computerization covers applications extending from a family indoor controller controlling an evaporator to a noteworthy present-day control framework with a huge number of information estimations and yield control signals. In control eccentrics, it can connect from fundamental on-off control to multi-variable sporadic state estimations.
Advantage of Automation
There is many advantages of automation. The most important advantage is that it is associated with faster production and cheaper labor costs. Another benefit could be that it replaces hard, physical, or monotonous work.
- Increased productivity.
- Improved quality.
- Improved robustness of a process.
- Increased consistency of output.
- Reduced direct human labor costs and expenses.
- Installation in operations reduces cycle time.
- Can complete tasks where a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Replaces humans in tasks done in dangerous environments (i.e. fire, space, volcanoes, nuclear facilities, underwater, etc.)
- Performs tasks that are beyond human capabilities of size, weight, speed, endurance, etc.
- Reduces operation time and work handling time significantly.
- Frees up workers to take on other roles.
- Provides higher level jobs in the development, deployment, maintenance and running of the automated processes.
Disadvantage of Automation
There is many disadvantages of automation. The tasks take place in hazardous environments. The costs of installing the machinery in factory settings are high, and failure to maintain a system could result in the loss of the product itself.
- High initial cost.
- Leads to further environmental damage and could compound climate change.
- Possible security threats/vulnerability due to increased relative susceptibility for committing errors.
- Unpredictable or excessive development costs.
- Displaces workers due to job replacement.
Automation Effect on Unemployment
It’s automation direct effect on unemployment. uses of more machinery mean that fewer uses of labor. so it will raise unemployment. Machin gives better output in less time. There is no employment in the market because all the work is done by machines. With the introduction of new technology, man is replaced by a robot. Due to the automation of technology people are unable to earn their livelihood.